- Soup McGee -- and I Do understand the difference between old and new testament- that is why the word 'covenant' is so important --- he did not change one 'whit or tittle of the law':
--- Adoptions do not require the religious ceremony that marriage does, indeed it is an interaction with the state...so how can an adoptee be truly a part of a family in the eyes of 'God?'
Having been given back after having been adopted...I know that being adopted does not mean becoming a member of a family...
Maybe a better question: why is a state contract for an adopted child needed to join a family but a religious rite is not also conducted?
Am I still a member of the family that adopted me and gave me back because the consequences of the sexual abuse I endured at the hands of my mother was too much for them? The state does not recognize any such relationship, 'god' is under no obligation to honor that 'familial bond.'
In a Christian Nation, a truly theonomic state, I would fear that my status would put my progeny in danger...Not trying to be hyperbolic, I've read much of Rushdoony's 'Institutes of Biblical Law"
Basic to family law is the inner bond of blood and faith.(pg. 360) The family was basic to Biblical society and culture; the godly family had to be perpetuated, and the ungodly family cut off. The bastard was cut of from church and state, insofar as any legal status was concerned, to the tenth generation (Deut.23:2). He might be a godly man but he was not a citizen. (pg.375)…bastards could not be recognized as legitimate…The creation and perpetuation of godly families is thus basic to the law (pg.380). Biblical law is designed to create a familistic society…[marital infidelity is] treason to the family and introduces an alien loyalty to the home, as well as alien seed (pg.395).’In the trustee period, adultery, along with one or two other crimes, is the most infamous act against the whole society-kinship group…’(by Zimmerman) (pg.396)
- Soup McGee -ps- http://www.kingdomfaithministries.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/livfree-session_7_bastard__curse2.pdf "Break the curse – confession and repentance from you and your generations, past, present-
future. A common experience in most audiences the world over – when
these curses are broken through deliverance prayer, one third of the audience
knows of a direct instance of a bastard situation within their family, and the other
two thirds usually experience a noticeable and obvious spiritual weight lifted off
The only way to break the curse is to proclaim Jesus as your savior, thus in a truly Christian nation, one bound to God's Law first, I would be executed or banished, because I am many things but I am no a liar.
- Bill Rapp ok It's late so if you want me to post the books and chapters, you will have to give me some time. to late for tonight. but 1 you have to take into account that inheritance laws were very important at the time. so the laws were strict to try to prevent the mistakes or outright cheating by the mother. (child by adultery) there was never a problem with adoption into Israel. there were certain groups that could never be part of Israel or Judah. but IMO that came down to genetics. what I mean is, there was something genetically wrong with a certain group that God did not want added to the people of Israel.
- Soup McGee cool, i get what you mean...still. if America has a congress and a senate and a president and state and local officials who all look to the Institutes of Biblical law before the statutes of their state or the Constitution...um.me be screwed, no...and there is no doubt that SOME want that...
- Soup McGee -- when discussing immigration during the debates all candidates agreed one a few points. One that caught my ear was the idea that those who were here 'illegally' but worked, attended church, had graduated college---wait, attended church?
See my problem? They all all all agreed that this was a necessity to be a productive member of American Life. --
- Soup McGee --nobody raised much of a stink when Washington sent the army to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion, a popular rebellion trying to stop Big Government from taxing small businessmen into oblivion. So if the favored reasoning for the Second Amendment wasn’t ...See More
- Soup McGee --- So you either have a God who sent men to create and implement slavery or you have a God who simply watches and says I will punish you in the afterlife? Fuuuuuuck that. I cannot be coerced into somehow believing that a God like you describe-- let alone living under Biblical Law-- And this has shit to do with the Second Amendment-
- Soup McGee this is not GODS LAW it is Supreme Court PRECEDENT and we are bound by that before any allegiance to any God...I am not required to be a believer in America to be a Citizen Bill-- :
"4. The Union of the States never was a purely artificial and arbitrary relation. It began among the Colonies, and grew out of common origin, mutual sympathies, kindred principles, similar interests, and geographical relations. It was confirmed and strengthened by the necessities of war, and received definite form and character and sanction from the Articles of Confederation. By these, the Union was solemnly declared to "be perpetual." And, when these Articles were found to be inadequate to the exigencies of the country, the Constitution was ordained "to form a more perfect Union."
5. But the perpetuity and indissolubility of the Union by no means implies the loss of distinct and individual existence, or of the right of self-government by the States. On the contrary, it may be not unreasonably said that the preservation of the States and the maintenance of their governments are as much within the design and care of the Constitution as the preservation of the Union and the maintenance of the National government. The Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States." http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/74/700/case.html
- Soup McGee -- what stops some elected representative from pushing through a law they believe is right, based on this..http://www.kingdomfaithministries.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/livfree-session_7_bastard__curse2.pdf
"A. The Bastard Curse is a Ten Generation Cu...See More
- Soup McGee -- Glenn Grossman in Wisconsin, who tried to pass a bill making single women unfit mothers- I shouldn't worry?
"Next Glenn Grothman turned his attention to single mothers, introducing legislation that define single mothers as a cause of child Grothman single parentabuse by claiming – despite the complete lack of evidence to affirm his position and the preponderance of evidence that refutes it – that single mothers by virtue of their very existence are committing acts of child abuse. Naturally, he made no mention at all of the sperm donors who share responsibility for the existence of single mothers by impregnating them and then not taking responsibility for their republicans-in-your-vaginaseminal emissions."
- Bill Rapp << Isaiah 58 >>
English Standard Version-----True and False Fasting
Line---6 “Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps of the yoke,
to let the oppressedb go free,
and to break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer;
you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’
If you take away the yoke from your midst,
- Soup McGee --and I have been thinking about this for Some time-http://soupsauntieoxymoron.blogspot.com/2012/11/expanded-definition-family.html you don't have to click through, the link is so you know where it's from
--besides, Bill, and seriously, though, famil...See More
- Soup McGee -- Bill Rapp- you said that God's Law comes first--:
"Bill Rapp no, Gods laws always come before mans laws. Gods intent will always trump what laws man puts in place.
10 hours ago · Like" -- so--whatsayyou-- If America submitted first to God, if our allegiance as a people was to God and not law, today we would not have seen a peaceable transfer of power...true?
- Soup McGee because Oppressed generally means those suffering an unjust or severe punishment...if the slaves were ordained by their race to be slaves....kinda hard to see that as unjust if you are reading the Bible the way many have interpreted it...case in point, not a point directly about the second amendment:
"""The "hidden history" of the Second Amendment is important for two reasons. First, it supports the view that the amendment does not grant individuals a right to keep and bear arms for their own purposes; rather it only protects the right to bear arms within the militia, as defined within the main body of the Constitution, under the joint control of the federal and state governments. At the time, the southern states extensively regulated their militias and prescribed their slave control responsibilities. Second, the hidden history is important because it fundamentally changes how we think about the right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment takes on an entirely different complexion when instead of being symbolized by a musket in the hands of the minutemen, it is associated with a musket in the hands of the slave holder.""""http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/hidhist.htm can you see what I mean? The slaves were not generally considered to be held 'unjustly' or to be receiving some 'unjust punishment' -- so they wore no yoke that could be 'fasted' away-- I mean...Man's law came first. Like it did today. And must tomorrow.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Did The Bible Condemn Slavery? Is God's Law 'Tomorrow's Law?'
Posted by Soup McGee at 10:29 AM