- #HOFBARRYBONDSNOW "He was the best hitter I ever faced, to be honest with you," Maddux said when asked about the former Giants and Pirates star left fielder during a conference call Wednesday. "When he was in Pittsburgh, he was good. He might have been the best player when he was a Pirate, too. As far as the Hall of Fame is concerned, I definitely respect Barry's ability to play baseball. It was always a privilege to face him. The game revolved around him."
article/sf/ barry-bonds-support-slips-a-bit -in-hall-of-fame-voting?ymd=20 140108&content_id=66401038&vke y=news_sf
--Barry Bonds: 762 Career Home Runs 20 leading off, 10 walk-off, 87 tying, 262 go ahead http://
www.baseball-reference.com/ players/ event_hr.cgi?t=b&id=bondsba01 … … #HOFBARRYBONDSNOW
- - I miss you already, Love.
- ?!?! *'s.
- """2) Will people be able to see the doctors they want, when they want?
Even as millions of people gain insurance, they may have trouble getting a doctors’ appointment — especially for a primary-care doctor. The Association of American Medical Colleges predicts the country will be 91,500 physicians short by 2020. There’s also evidence that some of the plans on the new exchanges have narrow networks that exclude popular regional hospitals.
For a bad-case scenario, look no further than Massachusetts, which enacted universal healthcare seven years ago. Now, only half of its primary care doctors accept new patients.
Part of the solution lies not with Obamacare, but with Congress: Medical organizations are urging lawmakers to raise the cap on residencies so that more doctors can be trained."""
- MISS PAUL DESCRIBES FEEDING BY FORCE; American Suffragette in Holloway Jail Lay Abed During...query.nytimes.comLONDON, Dec. 9. -- Miss Alice Paul of Philadelphia, the suffragette who was arrested Nov. 9 and sentenced to a month's hard labor for her share in the suffragette demonstration at the Lord Mayor's banquet at the Guildhall, was released from Holloway Jail this morning on the completion of her thirty…
- """Peter Thiel, the co-founder of PayPal, declared, "I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.""" #BS http://theweek.com/article/
index/254690/ why-are-us-conservatives-so-obs essed-with-monarchies?utm_sour ce=links&utm_medium=website&ut m_campaign=facebook
- A la Debate One, Romney:
"Creationists specialize in the what’s called the Gish gallop — a rapid-fire listing of supposed weaknesses of evolution that, in a limited-time format of a debate, cannot all be properly answered.This leaves the audience with the incorrect impression that evolution is shaky science."
earth/ should-scientists-debate-creati onists-140105.htm
- U2's Bono speaks out on Nelson Mandela and HIV/AIDS intervention at Palm Springs galawww.hitfix.comAs part of the 25th annual Palm Springs International Film Festivals awards gala Saturday night, rock superstars U2 were recognized with the organizations Visionary Award, the first time the honor has not gone to a filmmaker.
- Anatomy of an Obamacare ‘horror story’www.healthinsurance.orgFor months, health reform’s opponents have been feasting on tales of Obamacare’s innocent victims – Americans who lost their insurance because it doesn’t comply with the ACA’s regulations, and now have to shell out more than they can afford – or go without coverage.
- Scary Summit: Religious Right Leaders Meet To Plot Big-Money Blitz For 2014 Elections |...www.au.orgScary Summit: Religious Right Leaders Meet To Plot Big-Money Blitz For 2014 Elections Jan 6, 2014 by Rob Boston in Wall of Separation|The Religious Right hopes to take a page from the playbooks of Karl Rove and the Koch Brothers. These are challenging times for the Religious Right. The movement seem...
- -- who does this ASSHOLE think his neighbors are? And how is this attitude of his LESS entitled than thinking that the Government has a responsibility to me like I do to the Government? No, seriously...anyone?
""You should not expect a handout," he tells me. "You should not even expect a safety net. When my house burns down, I should not go to the government to rebuild it. I should have the savings, and if I don't, my neighbors should pitch in for me, because I would do that for them.""
politics/archive/2014/01/ the-agony-of-frank-luntz/ 282766/
- """""Adherents of the movement believe the U.S. government creates a secret identity for each citizen at birth that controls a clandestine U.S. Treasury account totaling up to $20 million, which is used as collateral for foreign debt. And by filing enough bogus legal documents, including fake liens and false foreclosure notices, sovereign citizens believe they can game the system, ultimately eliminating personal debt or defrauding corporations.
“This is a movement that breeds con artists who form fake entities, countries and even fake Native American tribes,” Pitcavage told FoxNews.com. “They feel entitled to everything and they’re willing to bully anyone to get it.”""""""
2014/01/05/ sovereign-citizen-movement-reje cts-govt-with-tactics-ranging- from-mischief-to/
- Starve, dick.--
- OH FFS.
"""A Sears security officer began following a man and woman outside the store after seeing the pair shoplifting.
As the officer prepared to detain them, the female suspect retrieved a handgun from her backpack....
- now that's class.Back off Fox: Melissa Harris-Perry offers another apology for Romney segment, in tears |...freakoutnation.comMelissa Harris-Perry offered another heartfelt apology on Saturday for the segment last week about Mitt Romney’s black grandson. Fox News needs to pay attention. Harris-Perry shows us how it’s done. Sarah Palin went after Harris-Perry for that segment, yet she, has never apologized for a thing in h...
- The quasi-final 2013 tally for the ACA: more than 9 million insuredwww.latimes.comEnrollment figures for insurance under the Affordable Care Act are all over the place, largely because the act has so many moving parts: the individual insurance exchanges (federal and state), Medicaid (in expansion states and otherwise), children enrolled in their parents' employer-sponsored plans.
- """""""When the state of North Dakota considered a ballot initiative that would have enacted a similar rule in that state, we quipped that “even the most minor inconveniences to religious practices would be suspect under the initiative. A person who is running late to church could claim it is illegal to make them obey traffic lights.” """"""""""Here’s What’s Really At Stake In That Birth Control Case Involving The Colorado Nunsthinkprogress.orgWhile the significance of Sotomayor's New Year's Eve order should not be overstated, there's an important legal issue lurking in this case that could give religious employers sweeping and unprecedented immunity from the law.
- "All of this is all wrong in ways that have all been explained before. So just a few brief observations:
1. Statements about climate trends must be based on, er, trends. Not individual events or occurrences. Weather is not climate, and anecdotes are not statistics.
2. Global warming is actually expected to increase "heavy precipitation in winter storms," and for the northern hemisphere, there is evidence that these storms are already more frequent and intense, according to the draft US National Climate Assessment.
3. Antarctica is a very cold place. But global warming is affecting it as predicted: Antarctica is losing ice overall, according to the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. However, sea ice is a different matter than land-based or glacial ice. Antarctic sea ice is increasing, and moreover, the reason for this may be climate change! (For more, read here.)
Finally, just one last thing. When it's winter on Earth, it's also summer on Earth...somewhere else. Thus, allow us to counter anecdotal evidence about cold weather with more anecdotal evidence: It's blazing hot in Australia, with temperatures, in some regions, set to possibly soar above 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the coming days."
- Valuable RePost
About 450,000 results (0.27 seconds)
Vilfredo Pareto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vilfredo Federico Damaso Pareto was an Italian engineer, sociologist, economist, political scientist, and philosopher. He made several important contributions to ...
Biography - Sociology - Fascism and power distribution - Economic concepts
Pareto principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Business-management consultant Joseph M. Juran suggested the principle and named it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed in 1906 that 80% ...
Pareto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vilfredo Pareto (1848–1923), Italian sociologist, economist and philosopher; Paula ... Pareto chart, an ordered bar chart used in statistical quality assurance ...
Vilfredo Pareto - Library of Economics and Liberty
Pareto is best known for two concepts that are named after him. The first and most familiar is the concept of Pareto optimality. A Pareto-optimal allocation of ...
Vilfredo Pareto (Italian economist and sociologist) -- Encyclopedia ...
Italian economist and sociologist who is known for his theory on mass and elite interaction as well as for his application of mathematics to economic analysis.
Pareto's Principle - The 80-20 Rule - About Management
management.about.com › ... › Managing People › Manage Yourself
In 1906, Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto created a mathematical formula to describe the unequal distribution of wealth in his country, observing that twenty ...
Vilfredo Pareto - Princeton University
Vilfredo Federico Damaso Pareto born Wilfried Fritz Pareto, was an Italian engineer, sociologist, economist, and philosopher. He made several important ...
Vilfredo Pareto - Wikiquote
Vilfredo Pareto (July 15 1848 – August 19 1923) was an Italian engineer, sociologist, economist, and philosopher, who contributed greatly to turning economics ...
Mind and Society by Vilfredo Pareto - Marxists Internet Archive
First few pages of Pareto's opus magnum on economic theory.
SMBC Comics Forum • View topic - [2013-Jul-11] Vilfredo Pareto 69
Jul 10, 2013 - 3 posts - 3 authors
Pareto efficiency is (essentially) the idea that if you can't make someone better off without making someone worse off, then pareto efficiency is ...
Searches related to Vilfredo Pareto
vilfredo pareto sociology
vilfredo pareto theory
vilfredo pareto circulation of elites
vilfredo pareto quotes
vilfredo pareto fascism
vilfredo pareto istituto
vilfredo pareto synonym
vilfredo pareto michels
- -- NOW freak out --
John Kelly, USATODAY 5:10 p.m. EST December 8, 2013
"Rand Paul says he cares about the unemployed.
He says it's "our moral obligation as a society to take care of those who...
Waiting a Year for Mental Health Assessment
Jaime spent a year behind bars at Kewanee, where, at 14, he was the youngest inmate, and was yet to be assessed by the prison, his mother said. Without an assessment he could not receive more than the most basic therapy, and according to his mother, Jaime was not doing well, Susan Du reported.
Read Full StoryLooking Back: A Year in Juvenile Justicejjie.orgAs 2013 concludes and 2014 begins, JJIE has compiled a selection of some of our most compelling stories from the last year. Collectively, these articles tell of issues in juvenile mental health, improvements in alternative forms of treatment, the danger of stop and frisk, and more.
Thursday, January 9, 2014
Soup Since The Second
Posted by Soup McGee at 9:08 AM